Sunday, February 23, 2014

Technology

I'm getting a little annoyed with "technology" lately...and starting to miss the days before it became "everything".

I've lost so many things to these gadgets malfunctioning or just shutting down altogether. I'm starting to think I should go back to paper & pen for writing journals and regular cameras that require developing and receiving REAL pictures on photo paper....stuff like that.
I mean comeon', the government can find every search we ever did on our pc's, or put back together destroyed hard drives to find info to convict people with, but I lose info on an app & it's gone forever? We are replacing everything with a gadget or some form of technology and some can be helpful but getting rid of all manual forms of recording information is crazy.....we still have a long way to go.

I will admit that I do like the convenience of ebook reader such as Kindle and Nook but I would never want REAL physical books to disappear. I love those old books and some things just can't be replaced with technology. 

Lastly, I always wonder if any future generations will know anything about us if they have to rely on technology to get info. I can barely make a gadget last a year....forget the way we learn about the past by finding things like bones, carvings, writings..etc .......All those usings iPads and such to write about themselves will most likely die with them and never be read or viewed. I hope I'm wrong though.

 


 

I Do Love Books :-)