Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Aquarius on NBC

 
Started watching this show on NBC which I thought was new until I found the full first season on-demand. It's called Aquarius and according to description on IMDB.com it says:
 
"A gritty 1960s cop drama about a cop who goes undercover to track Charles Manson and the Manson Family before their infamous murder spree."
I've only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes but it also mentions the Vietnam War and stuff. I'm really embarrassed to admit that I don't know much about that war and tried looking some stuff up because whenever I see a show or movie on real events, I HAVE to learn more about it. 
I'm not really great with the whole political thing though, never have been, so understanding what I'm reading is a bit complicated to me. I understand enough to know that it wasn't good. Not that any war is great of course. 
Anyway, the show Aquarius stars David Duchovny, who I've liked as an actor....and the show has me interested enough to continue watching. 
 
It has that whole 60's free love, drugs and peace vibe and the music is great but I should probably at least watch the whole season before reviewing anything. I'm assuming it will continue on since the IDMB page says it runs from 2015 to - ...no end date. It's a great time since all my regular shows are gone for the summer.