Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Social Media Love/Hate :-)




Google+
So I joined Google+. Why? I have absolutely no idea lol. The number of social networks already available, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...etc....already makes me dizzy just thinking about it. I mean, I can barely keep up with Facebook. People on my friends list actually think I die every so often because I just stop posting for no reason. Of course they eventually realized that my lack of updates does not equal tragedy....it's worse actually. They just found out that I have no life, therefore nothing to post. It's so humiliating....but I am who I am. 

Social media makes us ashamed if we aren't constantly on the go and bragging about all the fantastic things we do each day, complete with photos for proof!!! It really does prove how little I do these days lol. 
Twitter

Maybe I don't wanna go out constantly....and that should be okay but I'm almost embarrassed by it. 
Sometimes, and this is truly pathetic.....but I will go out and do something just so I can write about it if I know I haven't updated in awhile. Oh and I make sure I take pictures ANYTIME I'm out so I have proof!!! How sad is that? LoL 

Don't get me wrong, I love that we can now keep in touch with everyone we know and share our lives with friends and family. It's a nice thing. I talk with relatives I never would've been able to before thanks to Facebook and such. I just think sometimes it gets too crazy when I see everyone trying to outdo everyone else with who has a more exciting life. 
Oh and don't get me started on kids and social media.....Lets just say, I'm glad it didn't exist when I was a kid in school. Kids can be wicked sometimes :-( 


Ok so that's my rant. I was in a mood and now I'm not. 
I do enjoy social media for many reasons...I just can't quite keep up with how many there are. That's on me though :-)